Vacancy for a Fulltime Permanent Headteacher
FULL TIME PERMANENT HEADTEACHER (0.6 teaching commitment)
Required for January 2018, or earlier if possible.
Threlkeld C of E Primary School
Blease Road, THRELKELD, Keswick, Cumbria. CA12 4RX.
Headships, Deputy & Assistant Heads (Primary) – NOR 59
Leadership Range Pay Spine L6 – L12
Happy, healthy children hunting for new headteacher!
Our lovely little village needs a very special person to come and take the top spot at Threlkeld CE Primary School.
The village is just four miles from Keswick in the heart of the English Lake District, and it’s nestled at the foot of Blencathra.
Our current head applied for the job because she loved the view from the playground and we’re sad that after keeping everything “good” for 20 years, she wants to go and spend more time outdoors.
Ofsted have just visited (Jan 2017) and the inspectors noticed it wasn’t just the children who were happy. They reported that:
Parents are overwhelmingly supportive of the school. They value the open communication which they have with staff and say: ‘The school offers a supportive environment for every child to thrive in.’
It’s important that each child starting their learning journey at Threlkeld School, leaves with a clear sense of their own individuality, and confidence in their abilities. As well as reading, writing and mathematics, they all learn to swim, they all learn to play an instrument and they all learn French!
We, the Governors, are looking to recruit a permanent Headteacher, who will be as happy teaching as they will managing the school.
Our staff are a friendly bunch who are incredibly talented. We’re proud to have our own qualified chef who prepares tasty and nutritious meals to help keep those brains focused.
But what about you? Are you ambitious? Are you looking for a fresh challenge? Do you want to develop your leadership and management skills alongside the joys of teaching?
You’ll continue to work with the team to develop exciting and innovative approaches to teaching all subjects. We’re lucky to have an outdoor classroom and we value the more creative aspects of the curriculum – art and music – as well as the emphasis on sport and being healthy.
As well as all that, we’re looking for someone who:
- Understands the particular challenges of a small school.
- Is an effective team member with excellent communication skills.
- Is willing to work collaboratively with colleagues in other local schools.
- Is supportive of the Christian ethos of our school.
Our school can offer you:
- Children who are extremely well-behaved and highly engaged with their learning and personal development.
- A fantastic team of talented staff.
- Very supportive governors, parents and wider community.
- Panoramic mountain views!
- We’re committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We think the best way to get a feel for the place is to come and have a look around. Please contact our school administrator, Mrs McKenzie, to arrange a time/date suitable for you.
Dates available to visit the school:
Tuesday 25th April
Wednesday 26th April
Tuesday 2nd May
We also invite you to take a look at our website at www.threlkeld.cumbria.sch.uk for more information about this post.
Closing Date: Midday on Thursday 11th May 2017.
Interviews: Wednesday 24th May 2017 and Thursday 25th May 2017.